Dear Members of Geelong Archers,
After the announcements of the Prime Minister and the Premier of Victoria that Stage 2 Lockdown measures would be put into place, the information below has just been placed on the DHHS website https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-covid-19-new-restrictions-and-closures
“Community and recreation centres
These venues must close:
- health clubs, fitness centres, yoga, barre and spin facilities
- social sporting-based activities
- swimming pools, both public and shared
- saunas, bathhouses and wellness centres
- community and recreation centres. These facilities may remain open for the purposes of hosting essential voluntary or public services, such as food banks or homeless services.”
Consequently both Geelong Archers ranges will be closed until further notice – that includes shooting out of hours.
We understand that this is disappointing for most of you, but the health and welfare of our members, their families and the community are paramount.
And please keep in mind – only the venues are closed – the club still operates and with your help will come out of this better and stronger. Stay in touch via social media or email with things that will lift people’s spirits.